Wednesday, 21 March 2012

My Favorite Coffee Table

                                           I finished this coffee table months ago.


But I didn't have time (or energy) to stage nicely and take good pictures.
So, when I'm done working on it,I just brought it in our living room and it started her new life with us...
.....which includes 2 boys.....
And today, these 2 very playful kids started fighting......
.....with their sister's......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!((((  NAIL POLISH  ))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went into the living room where they were throwing each other  toothpicks dipped into  nail polish.
And to my horror, I saw it smeared on my beloved table.
That moment,I feared if I waited any longer, this poor table will need another refinishing job and I won't be able to show it on my blog anytime soon.
So I cleared the boys out of the living room
(Go to your room!)
and cleaned the nail polish (Phew! it was still fresh and easy to wipe off )
and took some pictures.
So here I go!




When I got this table and put a picture of it on a Japanese social networking site(Mixi), one of my friend in Japan said, "Wow! Giant green tea youkan!! Did you eat the entire thing? Was it good?"
and I laughed so much because the colour of this table was exactly that of green tea youkan.
Youkan is a Japanese sweet made from small red beans and sugar.




                                          See the resemblance???

Anyway,although I'll never turn down the green tea youkan if someone offered me,  I wasn't so crazy about the colour on the table.
I loved the details on the legs though, are't they cute??




I'm not really a good blogger because I often forget to take step by step pictures.
I sanded the top with orbital sander but I figured  it'd be waaaaay too much to sand the legs, so I decided to prime directly. And it worked, no paint was coming off, yay!

                                  I painted in my favorite colour, blue.
                                  It's icy blue from General Paint.




                                              Blue & White detailing.








This is my cat, Candy.
I love her so much! :D



One problem remains.....
How do I fend off my crazy boys from this coffee table???
Let me know if you have any great ideas!


Sayuri

Sharing at:












Strictly Homemade Tuesday
Furniture Feature Fridays

8 comments:

  1. う~ん(^^) めっちゃええ感じ~~
    八角っていうのは縁起がええからねぇ~
    このテーブルは みずがめ座の人にとって
    ラッキーアイテムになるよぉ~(笑)
    By いんちき占い師(爆笑)わっしゃっしゃ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. と~もちゃん!!

      早速コメントありがとう^^
      このテーブル、八角だね~、気づかなかった!<ぉぃ?
      私、みずがめ座なのでラッキーアイテムなんだって分かってて教えてくれたのね?
      んじゃ、売るのはやめとこか(笑)
      わっしゃっしゃっしゃっしゃ~~~~!!!(^-^)

      てか、マジで抹茶の水羊羹色してるでしょ、オリジナルの写真^^

      Delete
  2. あ、インチキ占い師、最近この辺りに出現しているから、気をつけてね~(笑)
    さゆりちゃん、それにしても、次から次へと、素敵な家具を見つけてくるね。
    感心しちゃいます。きっと『私も綺麗にして~!』とさゆりちゃんの事を待っている家具たちがたくさんいるんだろうな・・・。
    これからも頑張ってね~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. これは誰かな~?
      文面からして万里ちゃん?(て違ったらごめんね^^;;)
      最近は買いすぎたので、古い家具集めは自粛中です(笑)
      でも、もっともっと集めたい~^^

      Delete
  3. Hi Sayuri,
    I love the blue and white looks great. And that cat is pretty darn cute too!
    Great work again.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne,
      I had a hard time to take pictures of the table, because Candy was always around, it almost seemed that she wanted me to take pictures of her!

      Sayuri

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your table!!! oh you must love it too!! I have 5 boys...table seems like a magnet to them for jumping off, playing on etc..good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love my table too :D
      You are absolutely right about table being a magnet to boys!
      They are always around and they never seem to care about the table, well boys will be boys...
      You have 5 boys!! Good luck to you too!! :D

      Delete