Thursday, 19 April 2012

Curvy Blue Dresser

The moment I saw this 6 drawer dresser at a store, I knew it'd be mine.
I just loved the curved front.
But she showed she'd been through a rough time...




First thing I did was...of course, sanding :)


Now,I'm looking this picture and I feel the wood pattern on the front is so nice.
But I wanted her to be pretty blue piece so that's what I did....


At least I decided to sand and stain the top :)
Usually I use an orbit sander but it leaves  small marks on wood,
making it NOT suitable when you want to stain something.
So I hand-sanded the entire top, boy it was a lot of work!



Then a beautiful surface started to show, I was so happy!




Isnt' this top gorgeous?  I was so proud of myself :) 


                                    I painted (it was more like dry-brushed) her blue and
waxed with clear and dark wax.
Now she's super smooth.





She looks better than before, won't you agree??


Sharing at these wonderful parties:


shabby creek cottage Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

  1. You certainly did a wonderful job of sanding and staining the top. It was well worth all you time and effort. It looks very pretty in blue. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella, thank you for your comment!
      Yes, I was so glad when I was done staining the top.it really looks good :)

      Delete
  2. The top on this is gorgeous! Worth the effort, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of work but I'm glad I did :)

      Delete
  3. A lot of hard work that certainly paid off! Love the top. Beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! what a fabulous transformation. you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete