Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Waterfall Dresser

My sweet hubby got this beautiful Waterfall dresser for me a few weeks ago.

It was old but the curves were just gorgeous,such a well made dresser.
There were no knobs or handles, it looked rather plain.
So I decided to "embellish" a little.

First, I painted her with blue & white.



 I  put wallpapers on the drawers then decided I wanted to line them with some moldings.
I bought a long molding at Home Depot.
Then I needed to cut it but
I didn't have any tools and my husband's tools were all so big and professional kind and was scared to use them.

Then, 2days ago, this sweet man came home with this!!



He said " I saw this at a store and thought it'd be perfect for you."
The amazing thing is that I did NOT tell him anything about me wanting a tool!
We've been married for 16years and after being with someone for so long, we just know each other so well.

So, I used this tool with cutting blade and she turned out like this.




                          I love the curves of Waterfall furniture.....



Since there was no hardware, I wanted a little  3D effect,
so came the molding and the plaque.



I have 3 of these, if I had 4 I'd have put them on all the 4 drawers,
I think it'd be such a statement.
But I didn't so only the top drawer has it :)



I used super strong " Gorilla Glue " because I didn't want them to fall off later on..

If you've never used Gorilla Glue, here's something I have to say about it.

1.It's very strong you do not want it on yourself.
( use gloves or whatever to protect your skin)

2.It expands *hugely* once it dries.
( it dries white)

3.Once it dries, you cannot do anything about it.

4.Therefore, it's very important while it's curing,you check how it's going and   
***WIPE ANY EXCESS AS NEEDED.***
Otherwise, it'll seep out of anything you are trying to glue and the sight won't be pretty.
But while it's still wet you can manipulate it so make sure to be there or at least check the progress before you leave it to cure.

Now my plaque is stuck to the drawer it can almost be used as a pull,lol
My husband thought it WAS the pull and asked me where were the rest of 3 pulls,hahaha.


With my homemade chalk paint,I can even distress with a wet rug.

Yes, I used the same wall paper I used for French Provencal dresser 

My motto is use whatever I have around but soon I'll change things up a bit and use new coulours and patterns in the next project....


Humble but nice leg :)

It's June but here in Vancouver suburb, it's raining and cold...
I hope it'll get hot soon, I'm anxious for summer.
Take care everyone :)

Sayuri


Sharing at :


                    Furniture Feature Fridays                               Gettin' Krafty With It

10 comments:

  1. GREAT MAKEOVER. I like the wallpaper accents. Thanks for sharing. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, great imagination you have, looks so much better. Great job Sayuri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your piece is so fresh and pretty now! Visiting from FFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty! And you have a sweet guy there too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always stay away from buying waterfall style because they look boring. Oh my, what you have done with this is amazing!!! I also bought the dremel not too long ago. It's crazy what that little thing can cut. You're guy sounds like a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The before and after is AMAZING!! You knocked it out of the park on this dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did an awesome job on the chest. I too have done makeovers on waterfall pieces and they are some of my favorites. I love the wall paper and the additional molding. You are one ingenious girl. I am going to try some carpentry when I get my nerve up. Visiting from Elizabeth and Co. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. I first thought you stenciled all of that, but so clever to use wallpaper. I'm pinning this one. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for your nice comments,I've been so busy I didn't have time to reply,sorry....I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my good gracious! You have done an amazing job on this waterfall dresser! The molding, wall paper, and plaque have made this a really special piece of furniture. Thank you so much for sharing this at Gettin' Krafty!

    ReplyDelete