Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Scandinavian/French inspired Buffet

Hello, I'm so glad you stopped by :)



My husband found this buffet at a store and showed it to me saying
"Honey, I think you'll like this one!"
Oh yeah....love at first sight.
So she came home with us.
It's a lovely buffet with lots of storage, girly too :)





I feel so calm and happy when I paint...


First coat of my homemade chalk paint.
Now I really love this paint, I always mix in some unsanded grout to my latex paint.

....and here's the finished product!!!


What do you think?



Top drawer opens like this.

Wall paper inside.


Lovely legs :)


I looooooove crystal :)



I dry brushed the top for a weathered look.



Enough pictures already? lol
Anyway, I'm happy with the way she turned out :)
Please let me know if you like it...

My next project: Another buffet!!


Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone :)


Sharing at:



    
                               
                                 Furniture Feature Fridays              
 
                                             shabby creek cottage

27 comments:

  1. this turned out just gorgeous - the color is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is beautiful! Love it! Great job. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Southern Lovely. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-14.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn, thank you for stopping by:)
      I'll be at your party Monday,thank you for the invite!!!

      Delete
  3. Love it Sayuri! One of my favorites you have done. Great Work!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely! I haven't tried the homemade chalk paint yet (still using the real deal) but need to try it soon! Found you from MMS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy!
      Yes, you should definitly try homemade chalk paint, it's easy to make and once you do, you won't be looking back..lol

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful! I love the colors that you used! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE this!!! The piece you picked out is perfect! The paint is gorgeous! Great work!! Have you tried the paint that uses Plater of Paris? I was wondering how different it is from the kind you made here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cliare, thank you for your comment!

      I've never tried plaster of paris version of chalk paint,I made paintable bugs out of it once for my kid's birthday though:)
      Since I have lots of grout ( we built our own house so we bought a few bags),so I don't think I'll try anytime soon, but I'd love for you to let me know if you do!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I mis-spelled your name...Claire:)

      Delete
  7. That is gorgeous, I love it!

    I am hosting my first linky party this week. Would love you to join: http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-warmth.html

    Thanks!

    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobi, thanks for your comment:)

      Congrats on your first link party!!
      How exciting!!
      I'll be sure to join you, hope you'll have wonderful paties!!
      Cheers:)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for joining in at The Dedicated House! Happily following you back! You do some beautiful work. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn,I'm looking forward to seeing your works too!!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous work! I love how it turned out. Congratulations. I look forward to seeing the next buffet. I am your newest follower. I hope you stop by to say hello and follow along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you so much for your comment & following me, I'll be happy to follow you back:)

      Delete
  10. What beautiful work here! I love the spot you have this piece in as well as the mirror over it!Just lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deidre, I like the spot there as well but it's right behind the entrance door so it's not a practical spot...at all!! LOL
      Also thanks for noticing the mirror, I love that mirror:)

      Delete
  11. this piece is stunning, too! i love the two toned look on it and the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete