Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Homemade Chalk Paint ~Gray & Blue Buffet~


The weather has been incredibly beautiful here in BC.
I finished my buffet yesterday and was planning to take pictures of it today.
I woke up this moring and it was cloudy, making inside the house a bit dark....

so I dragged the buffet to the entrance and
opened the door to get a little bit of sun light :)

( That's why you see the door in the mirror)

Anyway, it started like this.
I thought about "paint or not to paint" for a while
because as you can see, it was quite nice, um, from far.
But up close, she showed her age and was too orange for me
and also I have another buffet which I decided not to paint
so I decided to paint this one.....(and that's my excuse to paint)

She's got the cutest hardwares ever!
I left them as is, just gave them a good cleaning, I think it goes well with the painted buffet.
I also painted white lines on the front.


All the furniture I paint I whip up my homemade chalk paint.
I've been making it for a while and I found out that if you add more unsanded grout to the paint and dilute it with more water,
the quality of the paint becomes more chalky, which I love :)







Love the voluptuous legs...


I added music sheets inside for a whimsical feel :)



Glued it with Mod Podge and sealed it with it as well.

I'm happy with the way she turned out :)

I'm currently working on a French chair, but the sewing machine needle broke yesterday and the machine is acting up, hope I can make it work and finish the chair soon.
Take care everyone:)






Sharing at:

shabby creek cottage
                                                   Furniture Feature Fridays

28 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I of course love the sheet music inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia,me too love the sheet music:)

      Delete
  2. wow. really beautiful. you must just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annmarie,thank you and yes I love it:)

      Delete
  3. Hi Sayuri, just love the white outline you painted. Great work as always,
    hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne!!
      Thank you for your nice comment:)

      Big hugs,xoxox

      Delete
  4. Great job! Love this buffet! Joining you from MMS FFF...come on by and say hi! Your new follower, Kennesha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kennesha, thanks for following!!
      I'll head on over to you and say HI!! for sure:)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I looked at one similar but then I inherited the buffet that I just redid as well. Good job! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jme71 for your commnet, I'd love to see your buffet:)

      Delete
  6. what a lovely makeover! i am always happy to see "before and afters". visiting from miss mustard seed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi,thank you for your comment, me too ,love before & afters:)

      Delete
  7. This turned out absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to feature you at the party this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much Sharon for the feature!!!
      You've made my day:)

      Delete
  9. this is a beautiful piece! i adore the colors! off to explore your blog as this is my first time here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassie, thanks for visiting, hope you've enjoyed my blog:)

      Delete
  10. I have been looking to combine blue and white on a hutch and this post has inspired me! I will send you the link to my finished product once it is complete and you will get the credit as my inspiration. This piece looks really beautiful! http://southernabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi heather,
      I'm looking forward to the link to see your finished hutch!!
      Thanks for visiting:)

      Delete
    2. Hi Sayuri,

      I finished my hutch! I have put a link to your blog from the page since your piece is one that got me thinking...you can find it here http://southernabbey.com/blue-and-white-hutch-after/
      Thanks again!

      Delete
    3. Hi Heather!

      I just emailed you my comment, it's gorgeous!!
      Thank you so much for the link up:)

      I'm going to put your link on my FB page as well.

      Hugs,xoxox

      Delete
  11. Sayuri,
    Your buffet is gorgeous. The color combination is so pretty. GREAT MAKEOVER. Thanks for sharing.
    Candy
    PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Candy!
    Thank you for stopping by.
    I'm glad you like these colors because I mixed these up myself:)

    ReplyDelete