Monday, 14 January 2013

Vintage Stamps Side Table

Hello friends!

I finished another side table today,this is my 3rd one this year.
(and the first 2 are already sold, I'm super happy)

Actually I've got 2 of these round tables and finished one.
They had really shiny surface so I scratched them with
80-grit sand paper first to have better adhesion.
I painted first with white chalk paint, which I already had.
I used it as a primer.
Chalk paint has good grip on shiny surface
 so I figured I could use them as a primer.
( it's a small trade secret, I guess)


I wanted to have totally different looks on these two,
so I went ahead with only one first.
( and from here, I forgot to take pictures...again....hahaha)

Painted with the same teal paint I used for teal side table,
then lined around with black paint.

I glued some really cute vintage stamp images on the top
and this is how it turned out.



My son said he absolutely loves it :)



One side has this pretty handle.



and of course I had to distress it :)



I waxed the table first, glued papers on top with Mod Podge,
sealed the papers with Mod Podge,
then applied Polyurethane twice, waxed again and done!



and of course I have to show you the legs.
Love.....





I love these stamp images:)

Well I'm going to make dinner now...
I hope I can show you the second table before the end of this week.

Keep warm everyone and stay healthy!!



Sharing at:


Furniture Feature Fridays

shabby creek cottage

4 comments:

  1. Love it and really love the color. The stamp images are really cute. Great transformation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy!!

      Me too, now I love this teal colour,it really goes well with black:)

      Have a great week!!

      Delete