Monday, 25 February 2013

Bring The Sunshine In! ~Yellow Side Table~

Hello friends!!

February is almost over and I can hardly wait for spring :)



Today, I'd like to show you a happy looking,
very spring like side table that I just finished.

It looked like this in the beginning.


I liked the drawer front and the flower handles.
The shape was just so feminine and that was why I decided to
refinish this side table.

Since I can't wait for spring, I painted it yellow which reminds me
of the sunshine of the season.
Yellow is such a happy colour and definitely one of my favourites.


 I wanted to have the *dipped legs* look on this one,
I painted the end of the legs white.


I wished I could just dip the legs in the paint but I didn't think it'd work nicely
so I flipped the table and painted,lol


Also I added white line on top using Frog Tapes.




Hand waxed the entire table and
here's how she looks like right now!!






Doesn't she just make you smile??? :)



I love the front, it's such a happy look.






I added vintage images inside the drawer,
using my go-to-glue,Mod Podge and sealed with it as well.




Isn't she perfect to bring the colour of the sunshine in your home? :)




Hope everyone will have a wonderful, great week!!!


Yay!! This side table was featured at





Green Willow Pond
                                               

Furniture Feature Fridays

20 comments:

  1. I would LOVE it if you shared this in my Spring/Easter Linky Party! You can find it here: http://littlemomprairie.blogspot.com/p/blog-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you J.Rae for the invite, I'll be right over and link up:)

      Delete
  2. love the sunny yellow color, and that you used the white on the legs. great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate it!!

      Delete
  3. Great job-love all the white detailing you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan!! I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    Unless it's a deep, dark secret, please tell me what type of paint used and the sheen? You mentioned you waxed it does that mean it's chalk paint? If so, what colour was the latex.
    Thanks for any info you can give me.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy!

      I used Period Charm from General Paint Breeze , semi-gloss.
      I added some unsanded grout to the paint to make it into a chalk paint.
      Here's how I do it:

      http://vintagebreeze.blogspot.ca/2012/04/homemade-chalk-paint-servers-bufftet.html

      Now I don't really measure anymore just eyeball the amount.

      For wax, I always use it to protect/finish the surface regardless it's Latex, chalk or milk paint.

      I hope these will answer your questions :)

      Delete
  5. Hello again,
    I was in so much of a hurry to get my question out that I forgot the other things I wanted to say, so here goes.
    The table is beautiful and yes she looks so happy and she made me happy. Spring is my favourite time of the year. I love all the spring colours though when I use them I like them with a bit of grey in them.
    The colour of your table would be perfect in my spare bedroom and I know just the table I would like to use it on.
    Thanks again,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again!

      Thank you for your nice comment on my table, I'm glad to hear that she made you happy :)

      Hope you'll have fun painting the table for your spare bedroom, when done, I'd love to see it!!
      Happy painting :)

      Delete
  6. SO bright and sunny, beautiful.
    Donna G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna!!
      Yes, it's a sunny table :)

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. It turned out just lovely. I like the idea of lining the drawer with vintage images. Thank you for sharing at "What We Accomplished Wednesdays." Have a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, thank you for your comment.

      Have a great weekend to you too!!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Annmarie!!!

      Have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  9. Yellow!!?? Never would have thought that one! But I love how it turned out.. so sunshiney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia!!

      This time, I wanted to do something bright and happy looking, so came the yellow:)

      Delete
  10. love this! the color is so fun and i love the white details- especially those feet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table is so cute! I love the details, the color and the drawer liners. Such beautiful work, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete