Thursday, 14 February 2013

Scandinavian Inspired Side Table

Hello there!
I said in the last post,  that this time,
my side table was going to be Swedish inspired.
Well, I finished it :)




It started out like this.
( the larger one)

The moment I saw it at a store, I knew I wanted it.
It was love at first sight.
Look at it, the hardwares?
Aren't they gorgeous?
Although it was priced a bit more than I wanted to pay,
when a girl's gotta have it,
a girl's gotta have it, right?

So I bought it with a big smile and came home.
First I filled scratches with a wood filler and sanded where it had rough spots.


This is the first coat of paint.
Maybe it's hard to see but with white and blue homemade chalk paints.



Mmmmm, I like it already....

 I wanted it to look like a Scandinavian piece,
for me that means colors would be
pale blue, white and a touch of gold.
I added grey to the drawers too.






Feelin' Northern Europeanish yet? lol



OK, now I'll show you the whole table...




TA-DA!!






This time, I used more gel stain and dark antique wax than usual,
because I wanted to make it look a little aged.





                              Drawers were in good shape (dovetail as well),
 I added sheet music inside using Mod Podge.





I'd love to know what you think....
I noticed there are some people who pin my photos to their
Pinterest and of course you are more than welcome to do so and
I thank you for sharing them.
You know, when you finish a project,
you'll be all ears too right?

Thank you and have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!



Yay!! This table was featured at :
 





Sharing at:






Furniture Feature Fridays







 
 



Green Willow Pond

20 comments:

  1. This is just so gorgeous!!!
    Visiting from French Country Cottage
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a beautiful transformation. Love the sheet music in the drawers. Visiting form Miss Mustard Seed. Yes, I will pin this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna for your comment and pinning this :) Me too, I love sheet music.

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful. You put so much love and attention into your finishes. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, I'm so glad you've said that, yes I put lots of love & effort in every piece I do :)

      Delete
  4. さゆりちゃん、素敵!!
    うちはこんな家具が似合うおうちじゃないから買えないけど、いつもいいなぁ~と思いながら見てるよ。今回のも水色にゴールドのラインが家具を引き立ててるし、素晴らしいセンス☆ 大好きなことがお仕事になっているのもスゴイ。さすがです、先輩^^ 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. わぁ、みどりちゃん、コメントどうもありがとう~~!!
      お仕事だなんて、先輩だなんて、とんでもないよ~(笑)
      みどりちゃんのお裁縫もとっても素敵だよね♪
      みどりちゃんのクリエーションも楽しみにしてるね~^^

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful transformation! I'd love you to share it at my Silver Pennies Sundays link party - http://www.findingsilverpennies.com/2013/02/silver-pennies-sundays-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Danielle!
    I'd love to join you, I hope I won't be too late though...
    Thank you for your invite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty! I love all the details. You would never know it was the same table! I'd love it if you would link this up to my new linky party, "What We Accomplished Wednesday." It is live right now. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah,

      Thank you for the invite to your link party,
      I'll be happy to join you!!

      Hugsxx

      Delete
  8. So pretty! I'm so glad you stopped by and shared it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So charming- just love the colors. Sharing at the party tonight~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Courtney, thank you so much for the feature!!
      You've made my day :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, it's amazing what a little paint can do for a little piece like that. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennfier!
      Isn't the power of paint great? I think that everytime, amazing what paint can do :)

      Delete