Saturday, 20 April 2013

Twice Lovely~ Princess Chest~

This princess chest is one of my first projects I did back in 2011.

 *The beginning*


It was for my then-9year-old-daughter.
She picked the colors and I lovingly restored it
and she had been loving this chest ever since.

*During*


*Finished*

Now my daughter is 11 years old and she's more into cool colors.
Her favourite color is turquoise, not pink anymore...
So she decided she wanted me to paint another dresser ( in turquoise of course),
and let this one go :)

This had been used by a 9 year old, so I think it's only natural that
this chest had some nail polish spilled over and some candy stuck on it.
I decided to refinish her again, but this time,
I wanted to make her a little more grown up.

I decided to paint her top & front drawers white,
added some stencils on her,
and she is ready to be loved again :)







And the great thing is, she's already found a new home!!
Put it for sale today and she is on the way to her new home right now,
she'll live in the nursery with a baby girl who's due in June:)


Sharing at :



Happy 100th link party, Karen!!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful - love the stencilling!
    Can't wait to see the turquoise one now:)
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzan, thank you so much for stopping by!!
      Turquoise one will be simple since my daughter doesn't like distressing....aw...that's where I have the most fun....lol
      Have a great week,Suzan!! :)

      Delete
  2. Aww...how sweet that another little girl will get to enjoy it as she grows up. It turned out really cute. Love the stenciling on top!

    Hugs
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah!!
      I'm so happy to know that she'll be with a baby girl, watching her grow in her room:)
      A lot of people who come to purchase my dresser is expecting and looking for a dresser for the nursary,makes me feel extra happy!
      Have a wonderful week, Deborah!! :)

      Delete
  3. So cute. I love this style of furniture. Thank you so much for sharing at my party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Karen!!
      I always enjoy your very creative posts :)

      Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete