Thursday, 20 February 2014

Shabby Chic Paris Grey Vintage Desk

Are you enjoying the Olympics? I do!
Every time I watch them compete, I get so impressed.
We all know they are the top athletes in the world and they are,of course, great with what they do!!
What impresses me is that I can see & feel they overcome their pressure and fear, just get out there and do their best. So inspiring!!!
 
Anyways I'm not a sport girl, so you won't see me compete in anything,
 but I do love what I do- which is to grab my paint brush and do my best :)
 
I just finished this desk and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
 
 
 Actually I've done the exact same type of desk before with ASCP Duck Egg Blue & Old White.
I really loved that desk and was hoping to find a similar one again.
........and I did!
 
 
 
This is before. (for the Duck Egg Desk but it's the same kind anyways..)
 
And this is the after of  Paris Grey & Old white.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A little bit of fun inside :)
 
 
 
 
This crackle happened naturally! Isn't it cool??
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh I'll show you the Duck Egg one I did a while ago as well :)
 
 
 
 
See? Exactly the same but different looks :)
If there's another one,I don't mind getting a third one for sure!!
 
Thanks for stopping by!!
 
 


 
 
YAY!!
This desk is featured at:
 
 
 
 Thank you Deborah!!! :)
 
 &
 
Elizabeth and Co.
 
 Thank you Sharon!!
 
 &
 
Rooted In Thyme
 
 Thank you Jody!!



Sharing at:



 
 
Furniture Feature Fridays
 



Elizabeth and Co.
Rooted In Thyme

16 comments:

  1. Wow Sayuri, I love what you did with this desk. I loved your duck egg blue one too but this is my favorite of the two because of that pretty stenciling detail. Love the French typography on the top and what a surprise to see it in the drawer too (talk about attention to detail) and the combination of Paris Grey and Old White is so soft and pretty. Your desk caught my eye over at the Furniture Feature Friday Party.
    Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie,

      Thank you so much!!
      Yeah, I think the stencils made a difference, I really enjoyed working on the exact same type of desk and compare them after, it was kind of fun :)

      Have a great weekend, Marie!

      Delete
  2. Wow girl, love this desk! Paris grey is one of my favorites! As always great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne!

      Thank you! This was my first time using Paris Grey and I really love it too.
      Have a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh I love it Sayuri! That stenciled detail on the top drawers is perfect. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah!

      Thank you so much, I love to do stencilling! (cuz I can’t draw...lol)
      You too, have a love & fun filled weekend !!! : )

      Delete
  4. I love your desks! It gives me an idea for a desk that I have and need to redo! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,

      Thank you so much, good luck redoing your desk, I’d love to see it when it’s done!
      Happy painting!!

      Delete
  5. I just wanted to let you know that I will be featuring this at What We Accomplished Wednesday tonight! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job! Love that you even stenciled inside the drawer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Anne!

      Have a great day!!

      Delete
  7. This is desk is truly gorgeous! Love the detailing on the drawers and gray is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks Fantastic!! Thanks so much for sharing. I'll be featuring you this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete